Bring your donations to the Monastery and support local foodbanks
Bring non-perishable food items to the Monastery by January 27th, 2019. We will collect the items and deliver them to local foodbanks on February 2nd during the Winter Day of Caring Event.
We are looking for unexpired, non-perishable and unopened packages of food.
We cannot accept any open containers of food or homemade items.
Here are some suggested food items:
- Canned Soup (low sodium)
- Applesauce (no sugar added)
- Dried fruit, raisins
- Low sugar fruit jams and jellies
- Oats or oatmeal
- Granola bars
- Rice (brown or white)
- Whole grain crackers
- Shelf Stable Milk & Alternative Milks (Soy, Rice, Almond, etc.)
- Canned Chicken & Turkey
- Canned Tuna or Salmon in water
- Vegetarian Beans & Soups (low sodium)
- Peanut butter & other nut butters
- Cooking Oils (olive, vegetable)
You may drop off items in the Marici Fellowship boxes located in the lower level of the Sakya Monastery, next to the kitchen.
If you prefer, you can also make a monetary donation instead, and the Marici Fellowship will use the money to buy food on your behalf.
Thank you for your generosity!